Here’s what you can do now:
- Monitor http://www.marionso.com/emergency-management
- Questions or Concerns should be addressed to Marion County Citizen Information Line at (352) 369-7500.
- Secure any loose items on your property such as furniture and outdoor equipment, lawn ornaments etc.
- Ensure all windows in your home and auto are closed
- Put your vehicle under a carport or in the garage
- Gather all important paperwork for your home, health and automobile
- Emergency Shelter for OTOW Residents:
West Port High School
3733 SW 80th Ave, Ocala, FL 34481
- PAY ATTENTION TO WARNINGS AND EVACUATION ORDERS BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES
Just as a reminder regarding Hurricane Shutters, the Rules and Regulations of your Association state:
“Hurricane shutters are to be closed no earlier than the official hurricane watch, and are to be taken down (or opened) 48 hours after the official watch has been lifted. At all other times, hurricane shutters shall not be in use.”
ATTENTION Residents with Special Needs!
The Florida Division of Emergency Management, in coordination with each local emergency management agency in the state, developed a registry to allow residents with special needs to register with their local emergency management agency to receive assistance during a disaster. The statewide registry provides first responders with valuable information to prepare for disasters or other emergencies.
Questions should be directed to (352) 369-8100
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED CONTACT:
Robert Sullivan at (352) 369-8136 or firstname.lastname@example.org