Our experienced Resident Services staff are on-hand to help you! We want to make sure that our residents receive a personalized customer service experience. From vehicle decals, to resident ID cards, to golf cart permitting, and so much more! Our Resident Services staff is here to answer any questions you may have or help you with any needs that may arise. You can trust that we value our residents and are committed to helping you with any of your needs.
When you close on your home, you may become eligible to obtain up to two (2) Vehicle Decal(s). The resident receiving the decal(s) must be on the original deed AND reside here (includes seasonal residents). Resident ID, proof of insurance and vehicle registration are required when obtaining a decal. First decal for a new resident is free. Second decal for a second vehicle may be purchased for $15.00. Only two (2) decals may be issued per household. No decals will be permitted on cars of children, rental vehicles or anyone who is not an owner and Gateway of Services holder. The decal is an electronic sticker which allows you into all three gates.
A third decal may be purchased for a vehicle owned by a resident approved for occupancy and who lives within On Top of the World Communities. Proof of ownership and a driver’s license with the resident’s On Top of the World address must be provided. The decal may be purchased at Resident Services in Friendship Commons for $75. It must be applied to the vehicle when purchased. Any replacement decal will be $10. Decals are not permitted on vehicles of children, rental vehicles or any non-Gateway of Services pass holder.
Please note that decals cannot be applied in extreme heat or when it is raining.
Resident ID Cards
When you close on your home, you may become eligible to obtain up to two (2) Community Identification Card(s). The resident(s) receiving the ID card(s) must be on the original deed AND reside here (includes seasonal residents). The card is an electronic proximity card or similar device that will be your entry pass to many of the facilities and programs. It is important that you keep it with you at all times. Never lend a card to a family member or friend. Lost cards are subject to a replacement fee.
1. To be bound by and use the facilities in accordance with the published rules for use of the facilities.
2. This card does not confer facility privileges or access to guests either visiting or residing with the permanent resident identification card holder.
3. This card is non-transferable and is the property of On Top of the World.
4. If the resident identification card is lost, stolen, tampered with, or damaged, the card shall be canceled and a replacement charge will apply.
5. Eligibility for use of the facilities may be suspended or revoked for the following reasons:
- False representations, fraud, deception, or forgery used in obtaining the permanent resident identification card.
- Failure to use the facilities in a safe and responsible manner, or in any manner that may endanger the health and safety of other residents or guests or damage equipment.
- Lending of card to a non-card holder.
- Failure to adhere to all rules of the facilities.
- Failure to exhibit appropriate social behavior and respectful treatment of staff, residents and their guests.
Photo ID cards are to be issued only to residents who have been approved for occupancy of the community. Only two (2) photo ID cards are issued per household and must be updated every five (5) years.
Security in this community is very important to all residents. We ask that you present your ID card whenever signing up for a class or program and to obtain entry to facilities restricted for the use of the residents. This benefits all residents.
Resident Services Department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- New Owners – Free
- Renter – $20.00
- Resale – $20.00
- Replacements – $20.00
- Update expired cards – No fee if expired card is presented.
Sidney Colen & Associates, Ltd. reserves the right to revoke use of the facilities to any resident or guest who violates the published rules for use of these facilities, exhibits inappropriate behavior or conduct, or who commits fraud in obtaining a Community Identification Card or a Vehicle Decal. Please visit Resident Services Department, to obtain ID Card(s) and Vehicle Decal(s).
Golf Cart Permitting
What To Bring
Golf cart permits are issued at the Resident Services Department, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The following items/information will be needed at registration:
- Golf Cart
- Proof of Insurance—100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury Liability
- Resident ID card
Please note that golf cart permits cannot be applied when it is raining.
Golf Cart Operation
The Marion County Board of County Commissioners under Ordinance No. 05-27 allows for the operation of carts within On Top of the World Communities provided that golf carts may be operated safely on our roads and meet minimum equipment standards established by Florida Statutes. Golf carts may be operated from sunset to sunrise if equipped with, at a minimum, headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and a windshield. Otherwise carts may only be operated from sunrise to sunset. Golf cart rules promote the safe operation of carts within our community. Per Marion County Ordinance, golf carts are prohibited from crossing SW 80th Ave.
Resident will receive a detailed list of rules and regulations regarding golf cart operations when the cart is registered and a cart permit applied to the cart. Residents will be advised of required equipment on the cart and asked to bring proof of insurance with liability limits in the amount of $100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury. Any resident who plans to drive the cart will be asked to sign a release to operate the cart within the community. Those residents desiring a handicap sticker for the cart will be required to comply with Section 320.0848, Florida Statutes. You may refer to the following website for more information or drop by the CSD for a copy of the information: http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/forms/handiform.html. All golf cart drivers must obey the Florida driving handbook rules. Please be courteous to pedestrians. Your safety is of the utmost importance.
Golf Cart Accessibility
Handicap stickers for golf carts can be obtained during registration. You must show proof that you have a handicap decal through the Department of Motor Vehicles. Golf cart handicap stickers are only valid in On Top of the World and not outside of the community such as Publix and Winn Dixie parking areas.
We now have dedicated staff to assist with modifications. Before going to resident services for a modification to alter or add to the outside of your home or landscaping (including generators, etc) please follow the steps below and gather the required documentation.
To Request Modification(s)
1. A scaled drawing to illustrate the change requested.
2. Site plan or property survey.
3. The contract from the vendor you have selected for the project.
(vendors must have their insurance information on file with otow before you can proceed)
4. Sign in at the kiosk in the lobby and select “modification” as the reason for the visit and the modification staff will assist you in the order you were received. If there was an appointment scheduled, the appointment will be honored and walk ins will be assisted in turn.
If you do not have the required documents with you at this time, your modification request CANNOT be processed.